Friday, March 30, 2007

the rains came down-

and the floods came up-

Still raining in OKC. My boss let me leave work early because the roads were starting to flood. I waded shin-deep to my truck. The Hater won't be home until late tonight. He'll have to stop and get a kayak to get into the apartment complex.

This morning he was wishing he had a better umbrella. He will really be wishing that tonight.

I was wishing for some waders this afternoon. Although I wore my "rain shoes", they didn't help much when the water was more than ankle-deep. Needless to say, it was a sloshy walk up the stairs to the apartment.

The thunder continues to threaten and the rain continues to fall. It's a great opportunity to sleep, and I think I'll take advantage of it.

I'm so glad it's the weekend!

2 comments:

Cerulean Bill said...

Sleeping with the sound of the rain is one of the most delightful experiences I know.

genderist said...

We ended up getting 5+ inches of rain over two and a half days!