Monday, March 05, 2007

oriented

Having sat through 5 complete hospital orientations (not including the 3 or 4 mini-orientations I endured while in nursing school), I consider myself to be savvy in the art of hospital orientation. And after today I consider myself to be quite oriented; tada.

Oh, but wait! There's even more orientation if you can stand it! I'll get to be oriented to just hospital policies and doo-dah for at least the next week, at which point I can return to my regular orientation, which still hasn't been determined. I am most excited about the general orientation to their computer system where I will be doomed to sit next to the lady who does not know where the key is located. If I'm really lucky I'll be stationed either next to the woman who cannot see her screen or next to the man who does not know how to use a mouse. If the stars are most astutely aligned I will be sitting between the two of them... for three days.

Those will need to be well-caffeinated days, I promise you.

Other than hating cookie-cut orientation, everything else is going great. I'm still glad that I decided to change jobs. Actually, I get a little more excited about it every day. Woo!

3 comments:

Molly Jane said...

And I bet you have lots of handy, dandy binders and booklets with information you'll probably never, ever look at. Cheers!

Cynthia said...

So you don't even need a compass now?

genderist said...

Oh, I still want a compass; I think it'll make me look more official. I should get my star chart by the end of the week...