Wednesday, March 21, 2007

spirited redesign

The bad news is that we couldn't get the Volunteer orange brick for the exterior of the house. The good news is that we could special order Titans blue brick instead. We've got that ordered, with a grayish-white trim, but we're going to keep the orange and white checkerboard driveway.... It's very important that everybody know our allegiance from the beginning.

We do know that astroturf would have a better life than real grass, but we think that would be taking it a little far. We'll just be sticking to astroturf in the living room. Actually, we're thinking about putting a whtie stripe between the living room and the kitchen. You know, like the 50 yard line. The Hater thinks it should be the endzone and bring the checkerboard into the house, but I'm afraid that will take away from the orange and white tile backslpash. I'm going to use my veto power to keep the big impression in the driveway. Besides, we don't want to take away from the wall mural of Neyland Stadium across from the fireplace.

I need to find one of those plug-in neon orange signs that flashes VOLS VOLS VOLS for the bedroom window before the fall. Maybe if I spell out enough hints The Hater will get one for my birthday. If he doesn't catch on, he might get one for his birthday instead. HBDTY: Orange you glad you're a Vol?

The best news is that we found some authentic Tennessee river rock to use in the master bathroom as a snazzy updo for the tile. Everyday when I'm in the shower it'll be like I'm a little bit closer to home. We made positively sure that there would be no Alabama river rock included by mistake. They understand the gravity of that mistake; it would be a deal-breaker. Showering with Alabama just wouldn't be the same, and you'd probably stink more when you got out of the shower than before you stepped inside.

We decided against the beadboard in the entryway because I really don't want the house to look hokey. I was also afraid the beadboard would take away from the family portrait we had done of the four of us at Fall Creek Falls (The Hater, me, Zoloft and Peyton). Besides, we don't want it to look too busy right as you're walking in the door past the alcove bleacher seats.

All kidding aside, we're looking into finding a doorbell that will ring Rocky Top. But we don't want to spend an arm and a leg for it. If The Hater gets me the neon sign that I want, he might get a special doorbell for his birthday. Wouldn't that be fun! You'll want to come visit just to ring our doorbell, and that's okay, so long as you stay long enough to be social.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see this. Guess I'll be OK bound this fall! VolMom