Friday, March 16, 2007

fabulous Friday

The Hater's picks for March Madness aren't as hot as he'd like for them to be. We looked at the family standings, and we're sinking to the bottom of the bracket. We looked at the picks we'd gotten wrong and he kept saying, "I thought I picked *** instead!" We obviously didn't. However, Sister and her fiance are hot to trot. I don't mind losing to them; The Hater doesn't like to lose at all... it should make for an interesting story.

Today at work I was helping a patient who was getting a MRI. I was working with another nurse getting things ready when I felt someone tug on my hair. I turned around and nobody was there. I didn't think much about it and went back to work. A few minutes later I felt it again. This time I reached back to my hair and didn't feel anything, nor was there anyone standing behind me. I wasn't getting any vibes that the room was haunted or anything like that, but I still thought it was strange.... until I realized it was the magnet in the machine pulling on my barette.

I'm just glad I didn't accuse someone of pulling my hair. That would've been awkward when they pointed out the obvious, which would have made me look like an idiot. This way I am able to acknowledge my idiocy in my own mind and am able to save face. This is important because I've started this new job and I'd like it to take longer before my coworkers realize I'm a dummy.

The Hater says I still have him fooled, and he wants to add that the basketball bracket he did at work is better than the bracket he did for the family. We're not going to take it personally.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems as if my EMMM method supplemented by the WAG method have gotten me off to a better, though slow, start this year. It remains to be seen if it holds.

*wink*

Marian

Unequivocal_Prowess said...

At least you didn't do like one of my co-workers at one of my high school jobs did and go running down the hall screaming "GHOST!" at the top of her lungs...Then, when we convinced her it wasn't supernatural, she started calling the police in the morning swearing that there must be burglars in the store...I guess we should have left her indulge her imagination in the supernatural...

Unequivocal_Prowess said...

I really miss you. I am ready to have a girlfriend again and I am a little apprehensive about surviving the whole family ordeal over all of spring break. I do want to at least take some pictures of the nursery before the shower, so that I can take them down to Norman to show people. And since my husband hasn't gotten the clue that I want a digital camera (I guess asking for two years isn't long enough) I think we should take them with your cami-cam. Talk to you soon, J

Arielle said...

You are so funny!

Cynthia said...

And yet you post it on the web for the whole world to read...hee hee!