Tuesday, January 16, 2007

who knew

My birthday is April 11th, otherwise known as Eight-Track Tape Day.

The Hater's birthday is July 19th, which you may remember as Flitch Day.

What's Flitch Day? Good question: It's an old custom from yesteryear that developed into Flitch Day. Bacon was given to any married couple who could prove they had lived in harmony and fidelity for one year. Very few "took home the bacon."

Our anniversary, July 12th, National Pecan Pie Day, really tickles The Hater. Maybe we'll get bacon and pie this year!

Bizarre Holidays What should you have been celebrating?

2 comments:

Molly Jane said...

My birthday is National Fruitcake Day...and I think that's awesome. But I am very Jealous of your anniversary's National Pecan Pie day.

Cynthia said...

My birthday is Bratwurst Festival...one of my fav foods! My anniversary is Cheese Sacrifice Purchase Day...hmmmm.