Saturday, January 13, 2007

staying warm

The first wave of ice has hit OKC again. The Hater's work closed early and he picked me up from my work about lunch. A drive that usually take about seven minutes took him almost 40 due to the weather. My boss let me leave early; it took us another 40 minutes to get home.

The next wave of icy-snowy mix will hit tomorrow. The Hater's already off of work Monday for MLK... and he's already been dubbed Jeeves for my driving, if work is open, which it probably will be.

We've made Zoloft an appointment to get her front claws declawed via laser next week. We think she knows that it's coming because she's been extra sweet since we've been home. More on that story as it develops.

Until then, we're glad we have electricity and are trying to take advantage of all things technological -- just in case we lose electricity soon. The Hater says if we lose power he'll play Scrabble with me. My fingers are crossed.

No comments: