Tuesday, January 16, 2007

ice apocalypse

Our household has declared a War against Ice. There's a solid sheet between 2-4" over the whole city. Solid... as in you walk and drive on it and it doesn't make footprints or tire marks.

Tonight it's going to get down to 9, I think. It'll be a great night for long johns and extra blankets.

But it gets better: we're supposed to get between 3-6" of more sleet this weekend. There's a line in the song "In the Bleak Midwinter" that says "snow had fallen, snow on snow". I think of that when I think about ice on ice this weekend.

So begins the Ice Wars. Our dripping faucets and thermostat counterattacks...

2 comments:

Kate Mc said...

Yeah, that's one bit of winter I don't miss - that's one advantage of living somewhere where it's dry and frigid ALL winter - no ice storms to deal with! Occasionally some melting and then freezing makes roads icy, but that's it, really.

Unequivocal_Prowess said...

Hey my mom wants to get together and do something either on Friday or Saturday. Let me know if you are interested...