Monday, May 29, 2006

white shoe season

The real reason I became a nurse was to be a rebel against the rule about only wearing white shoes between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Mother would be so proud.

Today I'm working a partial day, but will probably stay later to help fix the weekend stuff before tomorrow. Essentially tomorrow will be a day where we try to put two days worth of treatments into one day to make up for the holiday. I'm hoping that by staying later today -- maybe things won't be quite as hairy tomorrow. We'll see how that works out.

I'm on my way out the door, and I have to confess... wearing white nurse shoes today just doesn't have the same zing as it does between Labor Day and Memorial Day. Maybe I need some pink shoes to wear during the legal white shoe season.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you wear those cool nurse shoes with the wedge heels on them that lace up? You know, those retro ones that everyone thinks of when you use the term "nurse shoes"?

Those are COOL!

genderist said...

Please reference back to all comments I've said about how I'm the poster child for not coolness... In fact, I'm the antithesis of cool...

I have some plain white leather Merrell's, a slip-on with a full heel. On Fridays I wear some that are more like white leathery mesh mules, but only because I can wear them with jeans. :)

It's getting close to time for me to get some new nurse shoes. I'd much rather sacrifice coolness to comfort any day, which leads me into a downward facing spiral of uncool shoes...

Come to OKC and take me shopping.