Friday, May 26, 2006

blueprint

The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry...
adapted from Robert Burns
.
It's still nice to start out with a plan for the day, a blueprint of what can be expected. I'm feeling Friday with every inch of my being -- as if I had worked the whole week. I imagine it'll be a nice weekend of recovery and rejuvination to do it all over again come Monday.
.
Work will be busy, but should be manageable. I say this with high hopes and expectations, but will not be surprised if I end up staying late in order to finish longer treatments.
.
I will leave work for a while this morning to see the endocrinologist again for another full-body Iodine scan. I assume that this scan will show no new areas of concern, and I'm hoping for some more information about what to expect as a blueprint for the next year.
.
Even though best-laid plans aren't all they're cracked-up to be... I think I'd feel better if I had an outline of what to expect. Even if it's a vague plan with wiggle-room for dates and unexpected surprises... like a blueprint of an average Friday.
.
I might just demand one today.

No comments: