Wednesday, December 28, 2005

story update

I think I'll post random updates about the story I've not written yet. This way there will be an imaginary accountibility. And you can suffer with me! It'll be way fun.

UPDATE:

Much to my horror, my friend emailed me back and said he'd like to be the illustrator for the children's book I've not written. He says he's stayed abreast on all the latest illustrating jazz with his job; he says he knows what publishers like these days.

That makes one of us.

I've not emailed him back yet, but I plan to in the next couple of days. Or call him. I haven't decided yet. When I call him it'll turn into a *real* project, and that idea makes me nervous.

So far as the story goes, other than my original notes, I'm still in thinking mode. I can't decide how I want it to feel. Or end. These are two major problems. And I can't decide if a flower is too fru-fru to be a main character, but I'd like it to be something to which all ages can relate. And I have no clue what format publishers want now -- what they want to see -- what companies are looking for new authors -- how to send it in... I guess that mostly I'm in the thinking/nervous mode.

My anxiety about the story is a 5.7 this morning.

4 comments:

Unequivocal_Prowess said...

Write the dang story already! You can do it!

Nicole said...

How is it that this is the first time I've heardyou were writing a story? Good job!!! I know you can do it!!!

HypnoKitten said...

if the flower is anything like my Uncle Bud, then I'd say Yes. :) Bud's nothing if not a character.

:)

genderist said...

UPDATED UPDATE:

It had been a week since my friend had replied to my email, so I thought it was time to either put up or shut up. SO I called him.

And basically told him that other than an idea and some notes, I had nada. But he's still excited.

So it's real now.

Or at least a real illusion.