Wednesday, December 28, 2005

fun police

I am sad this morning. My break is officially over and I have to go back to work. Worse than that, The Hater is still in bed, and he doesn't have to go back until next week sometime. It's tragic.

Zoloft has been so excited that we're back. She's demanding attention and following us around the house. Last night she cuddled me to sleep. Her motorboat purr has been going non-stop. And she was tickled to get into her Christmas kittty treats.

Our apartment looks like Christmas threw up. I hope to get it straightened out this weekend. The Hater is supposed to go grocery shopping today and do some laundry. I told him I'd do those things if he'd go to work for me, but he said he doesn't get the same thrill out of stabbing people with needles. Go figure; it doesn't pay to be a sadist.

The New Year is quickly approaching. So far we don't have any exciting plans or mundane plans (it's important to keep the two separated). Something will plan itself out between now and then. In the meantime, I'll get back into the routine of things.

3 comments:

Unequivocal_Prowess said...

You have new year's plans now with us. Sorry to not tell you about your schedule until now, but I do the best I can. I am glad to hear that the kitty is happy and squeak was going nuts last night when we got home!

Nicole said...

The period after Christmas is almost as bad as the first day at work after taking a vacation. It's like someone kicked you in the face, knocked you to the ground and then threw you in front of a bus.

Okay, maybe not THAT bad. It actually feels WORSE.

genderist said...

No kidding. If I had to choose between being kicked in the face and going back to bed today -- day #2 to go back to work -- OR -- going to work, I'd ask the kicker to make it swift.

I should put my bad attitude back in my pocket...