Saturday, December 31, 2005

cheers

The old foagies are going to ring in the new year watching scary movies and drinking wine. It's a throw-back celebration, and although we had some tempting party-type options, we're still recovering from our previous trip home -- and we're tired. That, and it's also nice to ring in the new year how we used to --- like I said, watching scary movies.

Tonight's venue: The Machinist, High Tension, House of Wax, Devil's Rejects, and Tales from the Crypt (season one) ... Something old, something new, something with the shade of blue, right? We're well on our way to looking at the clock and noticing that we missed the countdown by at least fifteen minutes.

And time is ticking for me to finish up the last of my 2005 activities.

I don't do resolutions. The Hater says he's going to start a new diet.

Maybe I'll stop tweezing my eyebrows for mine. In lieu of the throw-back celebration and all... despite pleas from my Sister, who says that eyebrow tweezing is a lifelong commitment. Idunno. We'll see how that goes. I'd say I'm going 'amazon' for 2006, but I'm rather attached to my breasts, and I don't do archery.

Meanwhile, The Hater says it's time to get back to the Devil's Rejects. (as he TiVos all of the SCIFI Twilingt Zone marathon episodes...) Looks like we'll be celebrating the new year for at lesat a couple of more days.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I think I'm gonna need a review of all those movies you watched. Mainly because I'm too wimped out to watch them myself.

Oh and...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

genderist said...

Oh, come on... they weren't too scary. (It's easy to say that now that they're not playing. During a few of them I had to go into the kitchen to pretend to do stuff just to get away from the tension from the movie!)

If you want to see a synopsis, you can go to the Internet Movie Database www.imdb.com -- you can find just about every movie there.