Friday, December 16, 2005

Santa, the Voyeur

He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake...
He knows if you've been bad or good,
so be good for goodness sake!
.
Sounds like the makings of a scary movie to me. An old man with minions of elves who sneaks into people's houses to see if they're sleeping... and it's even got the color red! I'm surprised someone hasn't pitched this story to Lions Gate films yet.
.
On to the naughty or nice critique: I'm being bold today. I'm wearing a t-shirt that I decorated at a friend's family Christmas celebration. (They have a tradition where everybody decorates a t-shirt every year. You sign the backs of all the shirts. It's fun.)
.
My shirt sleevs have been trimmed in holly leaves and berries. I'm quite artistic, you know. The back shows all the blue signatures of my Oklahoma family... and the front has two simple words: define naughty .
.
Therein lies the however.
.
Do I do or do I not wear the naughty shirt? The shirt in itself isn't naughty, but it suggests naughtiness. Meanwhile, my coworkers chide me because I don't have any "Christmas scrubs". So this is about as close as I'll get.
.
I'm feeling bold, so I'm going to wear it. Does that make me naughty?
.
The world around me loves a voyeur in a fuzzy hat... Surely they won't get too tense about my shirt today. The antagonist inside of me can't wait to find out.

No comments: