Monday, December 12, 2005

paper chain

When we were kids Mom and Dad would make a red and green paper chain to count down the days until Christmas. Dad hung it from the ceiling... and every night before we went to bed Sister and I would get to take one link off of the chain. We knew it was getting close to Christmas when the chain went to the ceiling.

We sometimes did paper chains for other really important events, like birthdays, or marking the end of the school year. (never to mark school starting back...)

My friend, I'm getting paper-chain excited about our upcoming trip to Tennessee for the holidays. There are ten links in my chain because Wednesday week after work we're heading home.

I am pumped. We've checked our list twice and all of our gifts are wrapped. All we lack is for the paper chain to get to December 21st... and I'm as giddy as if Santa himself was going to come to the party.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

That's cool that you can still get so excited about Christmas. I like it and all but it's lacked luster for many a year. I'll just live vicariously through you! ;)