Saturday, October 29, 2005

sucking the gamecock

Did we not practice endzone-fumbling drills after last week's big fumble?*

I'm still excited to be sporting my orange pride, but it's getting hard to defend my Vols to Uglyhomans. I'm thinking Phil Fulmer didn't get a copy of my letter that I wrote back in August. Perhaps someone should email him a copy.

The Hater wants to "clean house" and fire all of the coaching staff.

I think that's a little rash.

But it is time to see some changes.

If we lose to Notre Dame next week (which we will because they're really good this year, a top 10 team playing with heart), we will have to win every other game this season to be bowl-eligible. Does anybody remember the last time that the Vols did not go to a bowl game?

For shame, Phil. I'd ask where the buck stops, but I'm afraid you might fumble it into the end zone.


** Special Note: I do understand that it's not feasable to have the best team in the conference every season. Really, I know that not every QB can be my Peyton. ... but I also know that my Vols are starting to have the Commodore stink, and that's just simply not acceptable. Neyland Stadium should never have seen the day that the Vols sucked the Gamecocks.

2 comments:

bad-journalist.blogspot.com said...

"Sucking the gamecock?"

Subtle. :)

genderist said...

Subtle is my speciality.