Friday, October 28, 2005

tis the season

I'm not going to scream.

That's the plan, anyway.

I like all holidays. It's an excuse for lots of people to do something different for the sake of anything. Earth Day ranks right up there with Arbor Day and President's Day.

And MLK day makes for a nice, long weekend.

After much deliberation I've decided to raid my own closet and be a hippie at work on Halloween. I have a sweet rasta wig and will be making an official Uglyhoma debut with my smart glasses. (more on smart glasses later) I've made buttons for my costume, too, with such used slogans as "make love, not war" and "fight the man", another with an obligatory peace sign over the earth -- very earthy, man. I'm going to wear my official Summertown Farm tye-dye shirt with some sexy blue jeans. With my newly aquired, slightly hideous, dark pink moccosin-type shoes that were too great not to buy on sale.

Oh, yeah. It'll be fun.

And we have peppermint pattys to give to the trick-or-treaters. We'll probably have less than 5 kids, so maybe we'll have left-overs.

Left-over Halloween candy, a dentist's best friend.

As of now we don't have an outside jack-o-lantern. This may or may not be remedied by Halloween. I've still got bad vibes about carving pumpkins from the time that I about chopped off a couple of fingers back in high school --- decorating for a bumping band Halloween party.

We were so cool.

But it was fun, so I guess it really didn't matter how dorky we were.

Tonight and tomorrow The Hater and I are going to go to a couple of spook houses. My plan is not to scream... or wet my pants. I'd prefer not to do either.

But I'd really like to get to wear the ribbon that I made it through without screaming-

2 comments:

shrimplate said...

Smart glasses?! I wear them out of the house almost all of the time. Some people call them "Harry Potter" glasses.

But alas, I probably need o lot more help than you do!

BOO!

genderist said...

I bought my smart glasses at a little girlie shop in the mall in Murfreesboro, TN, while I was still in nursing school. They've got great big thick black rims -- with probably plastic lenses with UV proteciton. I originally bought them because I was spending so much time on the computer that they kept my eyes from burning and crossing. Then I realized they were quite the fashion statement -- and people told me they made me look smarter -- so they became my smart glasses. I wore them to my big tests to feel smarter.
The end.