Saturday, October 01, 2005

reading rainbow

Sister sent me a book in the mail a few weeks ago. I'd been too chicken to pick it up and start reading it because the cover was slightly scary-looking.

Today I started and finished a book by Melanie Wells, When the Day of Evil Comes. It was suspenseful and just enough exciting. It was also a really easy, light read. I don't think it will give me nightmares tonight.

Good choice, Sister.

I've got a lot of work-related reading to do, too. I received an oncology journal this week that I should probably read for the CMEs. It's dry, hard reading. So I'll probably read another book first, this one about helping kids cope with their parents' cancer diagnosis. I don't remember the exact title, but it's by Peter Van Dernoot. I don't expect it to be a difficult read.

I also need to get on Excel and make a fancy spreadsheet to keep up with my CMEs. The Hater would be tickled to reclaim his computer desk.

Sister and I are good stackers. We inherited that from our Mother.

ADDENDUM:
Do you remember the tv show Reading Rainbow with Lavar Burton? It was great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And how exactly did Geordi LaForge get it into his head that after hawking children's books for a decade, he was suddenly ready to become a director?

Butterfly in the sky

I can fly twice as as high

Take a look, it's in a book

Reading rainbow . . .

God, no wonder I'm single.

Anonymous said...

don't feel bad matt, i sang along with the song as i read it . . .