Wednesday, October 05, 2005

my wonderful husband

We have these new IV catheters at work that I'd like to learn how to use. So I brought one home with intentions to start an IV on myself. This made The Hater nervous. I had asked him if I could start it on him, but he didn't like that idea.

He also didn't like the idea of me sticking myself, so he let me start it on him. Isn't that sweet? He took a needle for me; that's love.

It was a tiny one, 24 ga. Bigger numbers means a smaller-sized catheter, so don't think that 24 gauge means like a shot gun. It's more like the size you start on babies -- or people who have received chemotherapy.

So I've been convinced that my husband is about the greatest guy ever.

He's still in the "I want to think about it" mode regarding taking ballroom dancing lessons. Idunno if he's a tango kind of guy.

But he did let me start an IV, so he's still fantastic in my book.

No comments: