Sunday, July 02, 2006

intentional mantras

Yesterday began with wonderful intentions to sleep late, but the cat had other ideas. So I ended up awake much earlier than I had anticipated. I did my obligatory errands.

I thought I'd get a haircut. I told the lady that I wanted just a little shorter version of what I had, since it'd been a few months since I'd had it cut. And then she cut the hugest chunk of hair out of the back of my head.

No, I didn't say anything. At that point saying anything wouldn't have changed a thing. I left with the worst haircut in human history. And cried.

What else is a girl to do? Call her sister in the middle of the mall and heave tears about said worst haircut in the world. We can tape it back on, she offered, it will grow back.

I thought about catching a movie, but decided I wasn't in the mood when it was my turn to get tickets...

I went grocery shopping and ended up buying the book that the movie I'd thought about seeing was based on. I came home yesterday, put up groceries, and spent the next seven consecutive hours reading said book.

It wasn't that great.

Today's not been very exciting, either. Laundry x3, more errands... I'm ready for a weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, I'm sorry your day went so crappily. And I know what it's like to be awakened by the cat. Boy, do I know!

Kate Mc said...

I need to do laundry.

I don't want to do laundry.

But I don't want to write my dissertation either. I'm having a bitch of a time deciding which is the lesser of the two evils at the moment.