Friday, July 21, 2006

Ta-da, I'm back.

I'm the proud owner of 6 steri-strips that trapse up the right side of my neck.

I'm tired, stiff and sore, which is par for the course. The surgery went well.

Today's milestone: I was able to roll over, by myself, to my left side. Ta-da! After my last surgery this feat took several days to master. My next trick will be sleeping on *one* pillow. I wanted to only sleep on one pillow for my nap today, but it wasn't comfortable...I'm still going to need two pillows for a while.

Baby steps, my friends. Baby steps.

3 comments:

MGal said...

I am glad you are doing so well. It takes a lot of inner strenght to face what you've been going through with such a wonderful attitude and bright outlook. I truly think that attitude goes a long way to how we feel. I hope, if I ever have to go through this, I can face it with half as much courage as you've seemed to show.

Unequivocal_Prowess said...

I am so excited about how fast you are recovering! Look at you posting and moving and using humor. Way better than last time! Is your fam still in town?

Anonymous said...

All steps toward recovery. You'll be there in no time. :)

Glad to hear your surgery went well! We'll keep the positive vibes coming to you.