Tuesday, March 21, 2006

when you've got to go


I know what you're thinking; I don't really have a fascination with the bathroom. I am intrigued by the fact that it's something that everybody does and nobody really talks about in polite society. And being a nurse has provided me with numerous opportunities to take an active role in someone else's bathroom experiences, which has increased my comfort level with the subject.

Thus another blog post about the potty. To the left is an outside view of a public toilet in Houston. It's classy enough; the mirrors are a nice touch. It kindof blends with the scene ... and, look, a brave soul wants to try it out!

To the right is the inside view... of the same public restroom made completely out of one-way glass. So when you're actually inside the restroom it's like sitting in a glass box. The story goes that nobody can see you from the outside, but I'd be one of those people with my face smashed to the glass trying to see if the privacy really is for sure.

I think it's too fun. I don't know about you, but I'd give it a try. My biggest concern is not the whole glass-privacy issue, but that it's made of glass period -- which leads me to believe it would be steamy hot inside during the summer. Trust me, I've done hot toilets in the summer; they're not fun.

My unsolicited advice? If you see it, try it once... but be prepared to squat and hover if it's either extreme - hot or cold. And then come back and tell me all about it.

Try not to make the dorky faces like the girl above, either. You'll lose cool points for that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just imagining how UNSANITARY it probably is. Despite how fancy the thing looks, it's still a public loo.

And I definitely don't think I'd have th courage to actually use it.

Anonymous said...

That's amazing! Today must be a day for potty stories. My intern came into the office this morning with a story about pooping in his pants last night as a result of a hard sneeze. It was too much info for me, but now you get to know about it, too.

And way to go Lady Vols in their victory last night!