Friday, January 14, 2011

Pottypalooza Day One: Pre-Game Show

Last night we cleaned the house and vacuumed. Then we rolled up the rug in the living room and the same for the rug in her room and vacuumed again. I'm more eager to clean up pee off of tile and hardwood than I am off of rugs. So the house is as ready as it can get.

We've been talking up big girl panties and the potty. She's not seen the new potty books yet. (Won't get them out all at once because we need to stretch the excitement.) Yesterday I made a sticker sheet and hung it on the fridge. Then I showed her the stickers she'll get for sitting on the potty and washing her hands. (Small foil stars) She was excited. So I showed her the stickers she'll get when she actually uses the potty (animal stickers), but she was way more excited about the stars. So hopefully that'll keep things fun for fifteen more minutes.

I'm trying to take these last few moments to embrace my inner zen. I think that mostly I'm excited to stay home and play. :)

I don't know if I'll be able to post multiple updates, but I'll definitely come back tonight and recap our day's festivities. Do me a favor - every time you sit on the potty today please think of us and send us successful vibes.

1 comment:

Marian Parkes said...

Good luck. I'll be thinking of you... but hopefully not too much!