Friday, January 14, 2011

Pottypalooza Day One: Wrap-Up

We've pee'd and poop'd through a total of 19 or 20 pairs of panties today. I don't remember exactly how many and am not in the mood to go through them and count.

We had four incidental successes!! All while reading stories.

We read lots of stories. Actually, we only read 5 books, but we read them over and over for hours.

The Hater came home after work. He was here less than an hour when he declared that he couldn't have sat with her in the bathroom all day. He gets his chance to do time reading stories tomorrow.

I can't lie. There have been many moments today where I've wondered if this is really a step towards her independence or just another test to train me to be more patient.

The worst was a tie...
  • When she went through three pairs of panties in about fifteen minutes. I was really ready to cry.
  • When she had a huge soft, mushy poop complete with pieces of not totally digested food and I had to wipe it with toilet paper and put it in the potty. But in the process the poo got all over me, all over her, and all over the panties. Good times.
But the best, by far, is her look of shock and excitement when we hear the tinkle of pee pee in the toilet water. Then we both squeal with delight and she claps her hands while I sing and dance the pee pee dance.

I've got good vibes about tomorrow, but I'm really glad for an evening respite from reading "Mickey and the Beanstalk" and "Once Upon a Potty".

No comments: