Tuesday, February 13, 2007

fa sol la

I'm not the next American Idol,
and I'm hardly a diva...

But I sure did have fun tonight at one of the local Sweet Adeline meetings. The three-hour practice was intense, but we went over several pieces where I started to get the hang of it...

I've always read alto, occasionally tenor, but tonight I had to set my brain for reading the bass line, but singing it an octave higher.

(That's kindof like speaking a different language and having to make a conscious effort to flip all of the consonant-sound switches in your head.)

I think it's more than obvious that I need some kind of outlet that has nothing to do with nursing. This is a possibility. Next week I'm going to a different Sweet Adeline group meeting to see how their group sounds. We'll see how it goes.

I'll just hum along if I don't know the tune.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun.......I think you'll enjoy the singing. Regarding your post about the yucky day on Monday, try to look at it this way - bad Mondays make average Tuesdays seem like Fridays..!!
L&K
Jbo

genderist said...

Miss you like stew, Jbo.