Friday, February 16, 2007

bright and early

Somehow we FUBAR'd the alarm clock last night, which was a problem because The Hater had to get up early this morning... which also means I had to get up early this morning. Neither of us slept well, which is typical for the days when you worry that you're going to sleep too late.

We've been up since about 3:40 am this morning. We left the apartment (where it was 12 degrees outside with a nipply wind) an hour later and headed to the airport. After I dropped him off to go play in New England's snow it was about 5:30 and I was awake. I did what anybody would do who was already up and dressed:

If I went shopping now, there'd be no lines! There'd be nobody bumping into my buggy! What a fabulous idea!!! So I went grocery shopping to pick up a few last baby things for an upcoming shower (and some standards that we needed, too). I came home and spread out all of the loot on the kitchen table. I've since straightened the kitchen and cleaned the humidifier.

Three of my major weekend to-dos have already been done, and that excites me. The Hater will be back Tuesday, so I have plenty of time to come up with more exciting things to do before he comes back home.

The real question you should be asking is what's the over/under on gallons of caffiene I'll have to consume to make it until 5pm. It's going to be a long day in my world.

No comments: