Friday, January 20, 2006

tease

I am being so mean.

After work I stopped to get some pick-me-up for The Hater (diet Mt Dew). His mornings are kinder with some coke in his system... and while I was there I made an impulse buy, a laser pointer.

I heard that cats go wild for a laser pointer flickering across the room, but I figured that Zoloft was dork enough not to care. She doesn't care about other cat toys, so why would she like this one... but I bought it anyway.

And she's going nuts.

She hasn't figured out that I'm controlling the laser yet, which is making my job both easy and very entertaining. Every once and a while she'll look back to see if I'm watching her attack the menacing red spot, but I look away like I'm not even interested.

I don't know which of us is having more fun. Her with the laser -- or me playing this game as she's bouncing off of the walls.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Aww haw haw haw!!!

You've discovered the secret equation of eternal happiness:

cat + laser pointer = several minutes of hilarity.

My two felines totally overclocked their respiratory systems chasing that little red dot back and forth. And in those days I had all hardwood floors so they'd end up colliding with the baseboards with every pass.

Nothing but laughs.