Monday, November 21, 2005

point of personal preference

Please pardon the parlimentary alliteration, pesonified per the perplexing point above. I feel like I should thank the peanut gallery, the distinguished judge in the back of the room and my imaginary partner, or at least stand in the "I'm a little teapot" pose to be recognized. Or just make a puppet out of a paper sack to give my decision and rationale for me.

Here, here!

I just wanted you to know that it's Monday, which means I am wearing my orange scrubs with white underarmor. It was a big decision, but I thought I'd be gutsy.I tried to shake it up and wear my black UT scrubs the Monday after a loss earlier this season, but my coworkers thought I was in mourning. So they're my Thursday rally scrubs now. Monday is brilliant orange day.

The good thing about being in Uglyhoma is that most people I work with haven't even heard of Vanderbilt. So the liklihood of hearing their fight song is slim to nil. I probably will not see a Commodore fan today, and this is a good thing.

My inner angst might go black licorice on them.

5 comments:

Wes said...

Uglyhoma LOL, I spent 3 years there. Albeit, it was in Lawton and not OKC. At least you're in the City.

I have to live another year of my life listening to the annoying rants of Auburn fans.

Kristi said...

Sorry about the Vols game. I have lived with many years of Monday Morning Remorse thanks to the pesky Wolverines. It does get better.

genderist said...

And you'll never guess--- someone actually came to the clinic in a Vandy sweatshirt. And it wasn't even spitefully worn!

I ended up with a slap to the ego after all...

bad-journalist.blogspot.com said...

Ugh . . . I just had a parli flashback.

"Now let me move on to my crystallization points . . ."

No, wait. That's Lincoln-Douglas. Now I have to start drinking again. Thanks a lot. :)

Unequivocal_Prowess said...

Okay, just given the amount of Uglyhoma references that you have made in your last few posts, I feel now like I have to defend the pride land. Maybe that's my angst speaking...and speaking of which, my angst is orange...

But it just happens to be OSU orange! Go Cowboys!

Tennesstupid!