Tuesday, November 01, 2005

the bump and grind

We officially had five treaters last night. They made away with a handful of peppermint patties. By far the cutest was a little boy dressed as Buzz Lightyear. Funfunfun.

Dressing up at work was equally entertaining. My hippie costume was a hit, but I was more impressed with the lab tech who wore a long white MD coat and put "Dr. Kevorkian" on his name tag... and to think that dressing up like a zombie would have been over the line...


So I've decided that I admire people who wear their hair in long dread locks. (To the right is a picture of the hat/wig combo that I wore. My tye-dyed shirt was way better.) Everytime I went to access a port or start an IV I had to whip it over my shoulders. It was a pain, but fun to wear. And hot. I was glad to take it off when I came home.

But my patients were really impressed that I wore a wig all day. Several wanted to know where I got it so that they could get one. I figure, hey, if we've poisioned all of your hair away, you might as well have fun wearing a wig...

Being dressed up almost made going to the bad office less icky. It was still crazy -- and at one point the office manager (nonmedical) had to come back to help spike IV bags and draw up saline pushes. It was, as it always has been, nothing short of bananas.

Today's bump and grind will bring me back to my home office. I hope it'll be a nice, calm day. I think I'm supposed to get a pneumonia shot today, so it might not be a nice day. We'll see.

No comments: