Sunday, November 27, 2005

the big dirty

That's right, The Hater and I challenged the mall yesterday, and the mall won. But we're just about finished with our shopping, with the exception for what we get for each other. I'm more excited about the tirp to TN than about getting stuff.

We watched the Johnny Cash movie, too, which was nothing short of fabulous. It made us want to come home and listen to 'Tennesses Stud'. Johnny crooned as I wrapped presents.

And then, despite the fact that we had made plans for a little later in the evening, work caught up with me and I promptly fell asleep on the couch. It was a good day to zonk.

5 comments:

rachaelmh18 said...

hmm... joaquin lip synching didn't bother you?? It looks kind of ridiculous in the promo clips.

I did listen to one of cash's last recordings on launch video's top 100. Did the movie follow him into his later years at all? Because that song paints him as a real depressive personality. Quite a surprise (if he wrote the song).

The Violent Vixen said...

Cool blog, thought'd I pay you a visit, I read your comment on Twilight Requiem. Love to come back to your blog again.

Unequivocal_Prowess said...

I am just still wanting to hate that movie. I don't know why but I continue to be skeptical about it. People keep saying these amazing things about it and all I can do is think about how much I hate the girl that plays June. I would say her name, but I hate her so much that I try not to trouble myself with her name. I'm tired of all the too cute blonde actress/singer/models in Hollywood. I don't know what that has to do with anything, but I just keep hoping that I will eventually run into someone who hates that movie so that I can justify not seeing it.

bad-journalist.blogspot.com said...

For the record, Joaquin does not lip sync in the film- he actually sang. Like Adrien Brody did all the Ventriloquism in Dummy.

Not that I'm all fired up about the movie, but let's give credit where credit is due.

genderist said...

He just rocks. That's what credit is due.

And Reece? She's fantabulous, too.