Tuesday, September 20, 2005

partisan musings

The very nice people I work with were upset and concerned today when they found out that I mostly vote Democratic. (Which, I might mention, I didn't bring up. I know better than to initiate the politics conversation at random.)

"But why?," they asked, "You seemed like such a nice girl!"

(This amused me.)

"It didn't seem like such a big deal until we moved here." (to Uglyhoma)

(This amused me, too, but mostly because they didn't catch on to my sarcasm.)

"That's just too bad." One said. Another made the uh-oh clicking noises with her tongue. They all made pitiful, sad faces at me.

Maybe they'll pray for me tonight. I need all the prayer I can get.

After all, Jesus was liberal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well, when judgment day comes and you're smited or turned into salt, you're going to be really sorry you voted Democratic.

Anonymous said...

Love the terror alert, btw. :)