Saturday, September 10, 2005

hot

I spent the day wandering around the mall by myself, which was boring. The hilight of the mall trip was losing a pepsi taste test and not winning the $50 gift certificate.

I moseyed around Hobby Lobby, too. I found a $2 project, which looks like it'll be much harder than I originally thought. So that should keep me busy for a while.

When I came home I started looking for the cat. I was only gone for three or four hours, and she was where I left her. Still breathing and not even panting too hard. So that's good. I put some more ice in her water bowl. If I had one of those drink umbrellas, I'd put that in her water, too.

The Hater has returned home, and he's promptly taken me to get a big floor fan. So now instead of it being deathly hot, it's just miserably oppressing. It's still gasping for air and the ice water hot. I hope I sleep a little later tonight. The thermostat says it's between 90-95 degrees.

The Hater has already thought of lots of projects we can do tomorrow so that we don't have to stay here.

I'm exhausted.

4 comments:

car said...

Sounds like God is giving you a warning about what HELL feels like...maybe you are a filthy hippie that needs to support conservative values and pro-life! But I am glad to hear you like the Volunteer's--I like them too.

Vol Abroad said...

Yeah, genderist, you better change your filthy hippy ways! Well, except for the Vol supporting.

Good luck with the air con situation. Go see a movie.

And I think your cat will be just fine, they are desert animals and it always surprise me how they don't seem to mind the heat that much despite their fur coats.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, you should not put up with this. This looks like a situation where you should be abel to deduct a couple of days off your monthly rent. Do not let your apartment managers off scot free here. Bottom line is that this just isn't legal- landlords have an articulable DUTY to provide you with habitable premises.

genderist said...

What would Jesus bomb?