Monday, April 09, 2007

busy busy weekend

This morning The Hater and I have been talking about how quickly the weekend flew by us...

Friday night after work we went with some friends to eat birthday dinner at Shogun, one of those Japanese places where they cook everything in a fancy way in front of you. It has a special name that starts with an "H", but I can't remember it this early before my morning caffiene. We had a good time.

Saturday we went to Norman to help host a baby shower for the couple previously mentioned. She's about to pop! They went home with a car full of gifts, and then we stole Daddy...

... and went to see Grindhouse! It was fantastic. If you're into horror flicks, it's a must see.

Yesterday we were invited to an Easter brunch with some friends. This is the same family that invites us to all of their family gatherings around the holidays because they know we don't have anybody else in the city with whom to celebrate. We had a great time.

And then we went to see the house. They've got the texture stuff on the walls, so we're hoping that they'll be painting (the right colors) soon. The pendant lights have still not been cut out of the ceiling. (Do those actually get "cut" out?) The can lights in the kitchen have been cut out. The right brick still isn't in the yard, much less put up... but it's moving along, and that excites us.

We thougth we'd run by the mall, and realized it was closed for the holiday once we got there. The same for Target. So we had fancy frozen dinner for supper because we hadn't planned any better...

Busy. It's Monday; let's do it all over again!

5 comments:

genderist said...

habachi?

Cynthia said...

Yes, habachi! We ate at Shogun for my Cancer-versary last night! And the cooks threw shrimp tails at one another...nice.

drchuck9 said...

Hey, I finally found you! It's your favorite tenor player from TN! Check out my sites at Myspace and Vox (Try firstnamelastname.vox.com), though I'm not quite as prolific a blogger as you. Talk to you soon.

genderist said...

drchuck-- Color me stupid; I have no idea which tenor player you are, much less which firstnamelastname I should use to find you. I need a hint!

Jane-- Do you have a hint?

Is this one of those things where everybody else knows but me? The tenor players I know would never look for me under the name "genderist"...

It's a mystery, Scooby Doo!

genderist said...

Mystery solved. You'll always be my favorite tenor player in TN!

Now pass me an altoid.

(Jane, you don't know this one!)