Sunday, June 11, 2006

hot or not

Friends, it's been hot in OKC this weekend. It's been 100+ in the highs for the past three days, which has made what weekend plans we had made sweaty endeavours. I think it'll be that hot the rest of the week, too.

We cooked something in the oven tonight, which turned our apartment into a little sauna for a while. The air's been on all evening, but with the washer and drying running, too, it's still hot in here. I might have to break out the fan tonight.

The time is quickly approaching where we cook nothing on the stove or in the oven. The summer heat is coming... which means it'll soon be time to sweat and eat cold cut sandwiches.

This will be my first 5-day week back to work after the radiation. I'm already tired, so they should be ready to have me fitted for a nice white jacket by Friday. Yeah, it's true that I have a white jacket at work, but I was thinking more along the lines of the really fitted white jackets with straps and accompanied by big guys and padded rooms.

Now that is hot. Let the games begin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JEBUS! We're just reaching the 90s today. I guess I can never complain that the heat out here is unbearable!