Wednesday, April 20, 2011

time flies


The Hater graduated from high school two years before I did. He went to a high school in East TN and I went to a high school in Middle TN. We met in college on the debate team. Isn't it funny how two years seems like a long time when you're in high school?


This spring The Hater will have been out of high school for 17 years. HOLY COW! I'm married to an old man!! To refer to something that doesn't seem that far into the distant past as 17 years ago feels completely insane. More insane than two years difference seemed in high school.



He says Baby is what makes us old, not having been out of high school for almost 20 years (gasp). I completely disagree. I contend that she is what makes us young again.

The Hater clarifies, "Let me rephrase. She makes me feel old."

I rest my case and smile smugly at another trivial argument victory. It may be semantics, but we both agree that he's old.

4 comments:

ely said...

The polka dot picture is classic. Love it!

Cerulean Bill said...

Au contraire. The baby is what makes you -- and will keep you -- young. No lie.

Anonymous said...

I shall enter the fray here, seeing you both wear an expert's badge on discussion, except to say on leaving, one might reasonably argue you both are right.

Neff Family said...

First of all, LOVE those pictures. B) Kids just give us gray hair, that doesn't necessarily make us old. I think. And lastly...I can't remember. Wait...where am I?