Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Where's the beef?

Harrison (my sexy farm truck) and I stopped by Sams today after work to fill up gas. Much to our surprise, it was $2.64 per gallon. That's with my 5 cent Sams Club discount, mind you. Wow. Yesterday it was $2.50 per gallon.

The Hater says that Jimmy Carter was crucified for gas prices this high. Someone please complain.

Does anybody remember when Clinton was in office and gas prices were75 cents a gallon? I do. I was student teaching in metro Nashville and Harrison could fill-up on $7.00. That was the spring and fall of 1999. Oh, the good ole days when the biggest scandal facing the country was the President getting a blow job on the side.

And now the US soldier casualties in Iraq are above 1800. Great job, Georgie! We're almost even with the innocent lives lost in 9/11! Thanks for securing our oil.

Oh, wait. The oil prices have continued to rise. We could probably ask King George what the war was really about, but he probably doesn't know, either. (Who remembers the dreaded WMDs?)

But I digress.

Sister says that gas in LBG is $2.62 per gallon. And sources there say that it's gone up 14 cents since yesterday. But there's price wars in LBG -- with 20 cents less at Sugar and Spice than at Springer Road. So tank up next to the pyramid.

And if you're sick of gas prices being through the roof, you can e-mail White House staff at this link. Or you can e-mail the Dick direct at vice.president@whitehouse.gov . I'm sure he'd be tickled to hear from all of his constituents.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. . . why does Cheney have direct email, but not King George? There's just too many obvious jokes here . . . and most of them are too sad and true to really be funny . . .

Anonymous said...

oh, stop your whinning. thank god for your freedom.if u don't like it move to france..there paying $5.00 a gal..

Anonymous said...

Oh, my god . . . the anonymous poster is right! I should be grateful that I'm paying 3 bucks for a gallon of gas, while our government caters to the oil companies by giving them huge tax breaks. I should be filled with glee at the fact that our president has initiated an unjustifiable and illegal war that is killing more and more of our soldiers by the day. And I should be throwing up my legs and polluting my britches with delight at the impending destruction of my civil liberties by the Scalia court!!!!

Gosh, it sure is great being "free." So great that it should be criminal to ever question or speak up against the policies of our glorious leader.

genderist said...

France has sociallized medical care. Expensive gas prices there go to subsidize that.

And their cities have public transportation. So you could take the subway if you wanted to protest high gasoline prices.