Thursday, September 10, 2009

9-9-9


I know it's no longer 9-9-9, but I thought about it all day yesterday.  I thought about it every time I had to write the date, and I thought about what a fun blog post that would make.  And then I forgot to post about it yesterday.  So here we are, a day late and a dollar short.

I remember 8-8-88.  I was in the fourth grade, and I thought that was about the neatest thing I'd ever written.  9-9-99 wasn't as impressive for me.  But now that we're 9-9-9, I think it's neat again.  Because I'm a nerd, and I'm okay with that.

Baby is currently taking a nap in anticipation of The Dorks' visit.  Sister said they left about 3:30 this morning, so I'm really expecting them at any time.  Of course they don't have a cell phone... because they're technologically anemic... and that would be too easy to find them.

Speaking of anemic technology, I'm on the lookout for an old 5" floppy disk.  You know, old school 1980s floppy disks with the hole in the middle and that flopped like a polaroid picture.  If you have any that you could stand to part with, I would really like to have one.  Doesn't matter if it has data on it or not.

No big exciting weekend plans, other than playing a lot.  I'm off work tomorrow, so it should be fun for all.  Unfortunately, The Hater has to be out of town this weekend -- so we'll have to play twice as hard on his behalf.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's about the happiest little girl I've ever seen. She's exciting about seeing Sid. :) Hope you have a good visit.
~Sister~

Cerulean Bill said...

Being a nerd is a good thing. It truly is. Nerds may be socially inept, and graceless. May be. But nerds are also smart, and aware, and full of damn interesting information.

Sometimes, they even have cute daughters. Who, granted, will never be allowed to date until they're thirty five, but still...

Nerds are good.