Friday, March 06, 2009

sigh of relief

I saw the endo a few days ago, and I've been trying to think about anything else but that since then.  She didn't feel any enlarged lymph nodes in my neck, which is obviously a good thing.  We drew lab and those results would determine if I needed a treatment immediately after the kid is born - or if we could wait a little longer.

Good news to report:  The lab came back within the range where we could wait until later this year to address the cancer.

So what does this mean?  This means that we can go forward with our plan to breast-feed this kid when it gets here.  This is good because babies like antibodies.  However, since this Mom has a complicated medical history, baby can only reap those benefits for 6 months.  At that point we have to wean so I can have another scan +/- a treatment (that will be decided this fall).

Whew.  We could have done it, but I'm glad that's one less thing we're going to have to juggle with a newborn.

Meanwhile, my back is killing me.  Mostly it hurts me when I sit down, but not when I'm standing.  However, my feet hurt after I've been standing for a while.  In short, the conundrum is that I'm not comfortable anywhere.  

1 comment:

Cerulean Bill said...

After her child was born, a co-worker was looking at pictures taken at her baby shower. Frequently, she was shown standing, one hand pressed to the small of her back. "Did I really look like that?" she asked. Oh, no, Linda, we replied. Just once in a while.

I think this would be an excellent use for Applied Antigravity.