Wednesday, July 14, 2010

long week

I thought that last week felt incredibly long, even though it was a short work week.
But this week has been crazy long, too.

I've had two consecutive late nights at work followed by early mornings the next day. This morning I could hardly keep my eyes open during the 7am meeting. At the noon meeting there was less lighting with more monotone and I was struggling the whole hour to remain conscious.

Meanwhile, baby's new tricks include closing doors. She used to stand until I had the door open to walk through, but not before my hand goes to the doorknob she's trying to push the door open. Then once through she pushes me out of the way so she can close the door. Her favorite is to close the door, and she doesn't care if someone is in the room with her or not. In fact I think it's better if she's alone because then she gets really excited when I open the door to look for her, but only momentarily because then she pushes the door closed to start over again. Playing with opening and closing the door and pretending to look for her can keep her entertained for 20-25 minutes.

And I can really only stand to read "If You Give a Cat a Cupcake" once or twice a day. Any more than that I have to hide the book.

It's about time for me to do a couple of crossword puzzles and call it a night. I hope the rest of the week goes faster than the first of the week went.

1 comment:

Neff Family said...

Oh my gosh, and it's only Wednesday (I think, haha!) I know how you feel. This week has been sooooooo horribly long. Here's to a short Thursday and Friday, and a looong Saturday and Sunday!

BTW, love the pictures. She is ADORABLE! It actually makes me excited for a toddler again (the scariest age, in my opinion).