Tuesday, April 21, 2009

brain training

Yesterday was an adventure.  I had my follow-up OB appointment, and the baby got to have another outing outside of the house.  

It was the first time I've worn makeup since she was born.  And instead of wearing pajama bottoms or the lounging pregnancy pants, I wore pre-pregnancy jeans.  I was really excited that they fit...  still a little snug, but they buttoned with room to spare, so I pranced to the office.

As the day wore on, it dawned on me that I haven't had to "suck it in" for about 5 months.  I'm going to totally have to retrain my gut to do that - and my brain to remember to do it.  Gut training needs to happen anyway because my abs, which were outlined and cut pre-pregnancy, are now jell-o.  

There's another huge undertaking that I'm also going to have to start remembering.  Yesterday's jeans reminded me that I have to actually unbutton and unzip before I can pull my pants down.  Again, I've not worn pants that have buttons or zippers in months --  imagine my confusion when I stood in front of the toilet, ready to sit and pee, and wondering why I couldn't pull my pants down.

I read a study that pregnant women's brains actually shrink in their head and don't return back to normal until about 3 months after the baby has been born.  So I'm going to chalk one up to baby brain shrinkage that I really didn't remember that I needed to unzip my pants, that I really stood there and made several attempts to pull them down before I realized that they were still buttoned.

Too bad they don't have a program on Brain Age for that.

1 comment:

Cerulean Bill said...

Hello, 911? My damn pants are stuck and I REALLY NEED TO GO!!!(Outlined and cut, huh? Hmmmm....)