Tuesday, July 05, 2011

fireworks

We received a tee-tiny shower yesterday afternoon. And by tee-tiny I mean that on this side of town it mostly only looked like rain and got even more humid. Bleh.

Had supper with friends yesterday. The kids played in the pool and had a good time. We had a good time, too. I could seriously eat cake balls in the shape of ice cream cones every single night.

The Hater and I wondered if all of the neighbor's fireworks would wake a sleeping Baby, but they didn't. Yay! We were also able to run outside and watch our neighbors' fireworks while she slept.

This one was The Hater's favorite.

This one is an honorable mention.

This one was my favorite.

I love what the holiday stands for -- but I hate that fireworks are used in its celebration. They're only pretty briefly, they're terrible for the environment (smog + trash --- nevermind the fire risk), and many people get hurt from them. The risk doesn't outweigh the benefits in my world.... which is why we watched other people's fireworks instead of buying our own.

I hope everybody had a safe, happy 4th!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excuse me? I thought those pictures were bunches of cockle burrs. (actually I didn't know what they were, but I didn't think of ice cream)

Michele said...

Yeah, I just watched fireworks on TV. (They were quite nice!)

It's not even legal here to shoot off your own fireworks, mostly due to the fire risk. Of course, that didn't stop my neighbors (grumble grumble).