Tuesday, June 14, 2011

photographer love

Are you looking for a fantastic photographer in the OKC area? Well, look no further.

Ely Fair Photography is my personal favorite lifestyle photographer, family photographer, newborn photographer, engagement photographer, wedding photographer, and all-around creative genius behind the lens. Seriously. I like to think that I'm creative, but this gal blows me out of the water. Theirs is one of the regular creative blogs that I like to read and check out the pictures.

One of the recurring themes of the posts are along the lines of things-she-wished-she-knew-when-she-got-hitched. She always finds links to lots of different unconventional, yet classy things that she would consider if she were getting married again. Although I really liked my wedding and the dress I rented for it, it makes me wish I could go back in time and do things differently, too. I'd still marry The Hater, of course, but the bouquets and boutonnieres would definitely be different - more outside the box. The music would stay the same because I think it rocked. Anyway, it's fun to think about because I don't have to stress about planning it again.

One thing I'd definitely do if I had it to do over again would be to get Elyse and Ryan from Ely Fair Photography to do our pictures. Seriously. Go to their blog and check it out if you're in that market. They're hip and cool and genuinely sweet people who also happen to be very competitive at Wii games. I was very fortunate and thankful that my uncle was willing and able to do pictures for us - but what I really wanted in my heart was to have wedding pictures like you see in the magazines. If that's an important investment you want to make on your special day - or for your newborn pictures - or for family pictures - check them out. They're on their A game.

They're giving away a free mini-session and 16x20 canvas print for every 50 additional "likes" they get on FB. (Don't live in the city? That's okay -- just do it and if you win you can give it to us! HA! Or, better yet -- what a great excuse to come visit us!! Hint, hint - wink, wink - nudge, nudge.)

Two Easy Steps:
  1. "Like" Ely Fair Photography on FB.
  2. Go to this web page on their site and tell them you liked them.
Easy Peasy like bacon is greasy.

For the record, if I were to go back in time and replan my wedding I'd still do cupcakes from Sunrise Bakery. In my world all theirs is the standard to which all other cupcakes must aspire. And using cupcakes instead of a traditional wedding cake made me a trend-setter for once in my life.

Honestly, I wasn't crazy about the dress I rented for the wedding. But that's another post for another day.

1 comment:

genderist said...

The contest has closed. But check back to their blog from time to time because they're going to be giving more mini-sessions in the future.