Tuesday, April 22, 2008

random factoids

It's been a while since I was tagged, so I guess it was time for this to roll around again... Today's topics are unknown, brave and stupid things. I added the stupid part myself, because all bravery has an element of stupidity required.

I don't do the whole tag someone else thing. I'm into choosing your own destiny. So. If you want to claim a tag, more power to you. If you want to steal it, even better.

5 Weird/ Unknown Things About Me
  1. I like things to be in groups of five. For example, this meme actually had a list of seven things, but that made no sense to me to follow it with a group of five things. It's only part of my slightly, yet unofficially, OCD tendencies, but it works for me.
  2. When I was a senior in high school I was voted "Band Nerd with the Most Band Spirit" with our unofficial superlatives and also received the John Phillips Sousa Award.
  3. I received a band scholarship for college. Unfortunately, that same summer there was a big hullabaloo at the school of music, money was laundered, people were fired, etc... and I never saw a penny of it.
  4. I have just mastered a new level in Rock Band where I play the guitar and sing at the same time. I've not been this excited about a stupid human trick since I learned to pat my head and rub my tummy at the same time.
  5. I still sleep with CoCo, a chocolate brown pound puppy that I received from Santa when I was in the second or third grade.
5 Bravest Things I've Ever Done (in no particular order)
  1. Moved immediately after our marriage to the middle of OK, where we didn't know a soul and were 12 hours away from our family.
  2. Low-crawled under live fire.
  3. Kept a straight, upbeat face when I dropped my c-bomb on my family.
  4. The ice bath 180 that I did from graduating with an education degree (emphasis = literature), then turning around and taking 20 hours of science and math pre-reqs.
  5. Brian Andreas is a fantastic artist, and one of his pieces, Real Hero, hits home for me. My #5 is a total steal from him:
Anyone can slay a dragon,
he told me,
but try waking up every morning
and loving the world
all over again.
That's what takes a real hero.


3 comments:

Cerulean Bill said...

I'm sorry, but I don't get this reference: "ice bath 180 "

Arielle said...

I LOL at a mental picture of you sleeping with the Hater and your pound puppy. :)

genderist said...

total and complete, unexpected, U-turn